Thursday, May 12, 2011

Poor Tom Turkey

May 11, 2011

I am so looking forward to the photo adventure we are going on this weekend that I am seem to be wanting to save all my posts for that!  Last year, around this time, Auggie had a Girl Scout activity out in Middleburg, VA.  Abi and I spent the day out there discovering what was around and about in Middleburg.  You could easily fall in love with the place.  We got lost a couple times found a run down carriage house, some great fields to run in and we found this fabulous farm.  I guess it's more popular in the fall when they have a huge corn maize for the kids.  There was this sad old turkey there that kept gobbling for his mate that had been eaten by some wild animal the week before...they said all they found were feathers.  He was very approachable and we got pretty close...but he just kept gobbling away.  Turkey's don't typically mate for life, but these two seemed to be the only two around.



131 (3)/234

Hopefully Abi will put up with me as we travel around!

No comments:

Post a Comment