Friday, July 1, 2011

Grandpa and Grandma

June 8, 2011

Sometimes I can even remember the way they smelled...in a good way.  Sometimes I can be walking and catch a breeze just the right way and there it is...there they are...  Maybe its their angels watching over us with a gentle reminder that they are there and never really left.  I'm glad that Auggie got to meet her Great Grandpa for a bit - although she probably doesn't remember.  I am sad that Abi never got the chance.  I think they would have really hit it off.

Grandma was always cooking bacon or pierogies; not frozen from a box - REAL potato ones with her fingerprints in the crust.  I remember how she superglued herself to the kitchen phone one time.  She also used to send us these HUGE boxes of cookies at Christmas time.  I remember Grandpa's walks through the fields when we visited and how he gave us "magical" glass balls...that's still around here somewhere.  He had a great little garden in their cute little West Virginia home full of fresh vegetables.



(photographer unknown - above)

159 (3)/206

We took this picture of their West Virginia house after we buried Grandpa.  It is a heart that was placed above the Master Bedroom window.

Home IS where the heart is.

Miss them - but glad I got to know them for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment