Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Vacation. Day 3.

July 4, 2011
185/180

Apologies for the quality of this next picture...it was taken on my cell-phone.  This is us - at the final break down coming down Black Mountain into Ashville, N.C.  Where, mind you, I have wanted to visit ever since I have started visiting these mountains with my hubby and his family.  I got a taste of Ashville, however, since the truck was broken down, there was no way to get to the Biltmore, where I had wanted to visit.  (I knew we should have booked there (rooms starting at $299-$380 for two)).  We could have probably walked from the Nissan dealer instead of having to wait for Colin's other wonderful brother to come to the rescue.  Time we left Trinity?  11:00 a.m.  Time of rescue?  7:00 p.m.  EIGHT hours - with the two most patient kids that made the most of their time together.  I appreciate no one killing each other (thanks Colin!  I promise I did not sabotage the truck and cause a hole to burn through the muffler and melt the wiring harness causing everything to fail costing close to $1000 just to stop in Asheville).

Did I mention that before the break down a car coming the opposite way lost control and hit the guardrail?  Luck was on our side at that moment because if the guardrail hadn't been there - it would have been a head on collision.  Colin said it looked like a race car wreck.

It all could have been worse.  We could have broken down going UP the mountain.  Still thinking positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment