Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Vacation. Day 4.

July 5, 2011

We finally made it to Bryson City, N.C.  I had booked online and we had no idea of the conditions of the place we had rented.  I went through VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner).  I guess if you do it this way, there are less taxes and no fees from real estate agents.  I wanted a place, budget friendly, with a kitchen - because I have kids and its just easier that way...much better than a mini fridge at a hotel.  Judging from the start of this vacation adventure, we were a little nervous on what to expect.

I don't know how many people that read my blog or come across my blog will ever have the opportunity or desire to visit the mountains of North Carolina, but if you do - this owner, and his cabins, were beyond all our expectations.  We had a two bedroom cabin with a sleep sofa.  A kitchen. A hot tub.  And a little creek running right out in back that you could hear from the porch.  A big yard and a bunch of chickens running around that were really fun to tease.  It had a fire pit and a little grill that, if I hadn't been fed all the yummy mountain food from the relatives, I'm sure Colin could have grilled up some yummy trout.  If you get a chance, I highly recommend this place (link at bottom).

 Abi, running through the grass in bare feet, came up and pulled this four leaf clover out of her toes.





186 (6)/179

Day 4.  Oh, you thought there was no drama for this day?  We found out that Colin is NOT allergic to yellow jacket stings, but they do hurt pretty bad.  Good to know.  Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment