Monday, July 11, 2011

The Vacation. Day 1.

July 2, 2011

183/182

Simply stated - the vacation began a little something like this.  I don't remember much traffic down 95.  O.K., yes, I do - a woman flipped her car around somewhere between here and Fredericksburg, VA.  No one was injured.  Colin was behind me on the motorcycle and I was in the truck with the girls.  Two of the most patient girls in the world, I might add. Whom, after EVERYTHING that happened this past week, are still smiling and thinking that this was one of the BEST vacations ever!  And - after its all said and done.  It was.

Day 1.  Titan broke down on the way to Trinity, NC.  We stopped to fill up and first I couldn't get the machine to swipe my card - then, after I filled up, I got in to start up the truck and I couldn't get it out of gear!  I was thinking, this line of cars that has built up behind me must think I'm an IDIOT!  Lucky as we were, the man at the pump next to us - the same thing was happening to him!  He came over and popped this emergency override button (sadly his car didn't have one) which got us to be able to pop the truck into drive and GO.  I've never been happier to see a strange man with a pocket knife before!  Off we went, only to find out when we got to Colin's parents house that we had no brake lights, no hazards and no right turn signal...
It appears that a short in the brake light caused a bunch of wires to melt together and the problem was resolved after that repair was done.  Could have been worse.  Could have been a fire - the brake light cover is a little melted.  We call it character.
Oh - did I mention the tail pipe fell off during the repair?

No comments:

Post a Comment